Are you interested in becoming a distributor for CIVIL DESIGNER? If so we would like to hear from you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request more details about this opportunity.
Functions & Features
Fully Fledged Design Environment
Many civil infrastructure drawing programs are in fact just CAD packages with some extra design elements. Civil Designer, on the other hand, is a fully fledged design system which gives you powerful features and seamless interaction between the infrastructure design tools, saving you time and optimising your productivity. For more information on the functionality within each module, please visit our module pages.
Graphical engine handles huge data sets
No other package can handle large drawings, DTM models, multiple aerial photographs or orthophotos, large sewer, stormwater or water network design projects with such ease and speed. High-level presentations are a snap as the final design can be output in a number of formats to give you the edge on your competition.
Fully Compatible with DWG and other formats
Civil Designer runs on our new titanium strength 3D CAD platform that is fully compatible with DWG, DXF, DGN and other drawing formats. Line styles, hatching, fonts, inserts, Xrefs, paper space, model space, live layouts and viewports will all be handled without problems. In addition we also support loading of Caddie CEX, Arcview SHP, Microstation DGN and Ultimate CAD UCX files.
DTM Engine handles over 95 million points
The digital terrain modelling component has been optimized to import over 4 million points in less than 1 minute and can handle more than 95 million points. Civil Designer can further triangulate 6 million points in under a minute. We also provide a tool to strip down LIDAR surveys into useful DTM models.
Extensive support for images
We support the following image formats - MrSID (*.sid), ERMapper (*.ecw), Tagged Image Format (*.tif), Bitmap (*.bmp), JPEG (*.jpg), JPEG2000 (*.jp2), Portable Network Graphics (*.png), Graphic Interchange Format (*.gif), Truevision Targa (*.tga). Geo-referenced images (TFW, ECW, SID, etc) are automatically positioned according to the survey coordinate system of the design project. Many of our clients have over 300 high resolution aerial survey bitmaps as a backdrop to their design.
Industry Leading Drawing Templates (Sheetfiles)
With our sheetfiles (drawing templates) you can define exactly what your drawing looks like and standardize your output across offices. Our powerful sheet files allow you to define exactly what the final production drawings should look like, saving you hours of post-production CAD editing. Sheet files can include other drawings, complete title blocks with company logos, data lists and annotations. The Sheetfile Editor makes it easy to create and edit these sophisticated drawing templates.
Excellent Graphical Interchange
All modules have graphical functions to create, modify and edit your design. With Civil Designer you don't have to just change things in a spreadsheet but can work interactively. If you move connected elements such as a manhole all the culverts connected to that manhole will also be updated.
Production Drawings update on the Fly
Our system will automatically generate all your final plans as dynamically updating layouts which will reflect all drafting and design changes instantly so that your design and production drawings are always in sync. You may also create and save archive copies of your design revisions using our advanced Publish function.
Automated Key Plan Generation
If you have a project that requires multiple sheets such as 150km of highway or a town layout, Civil Designer will generate a key plan to show you where a specific drawing fits in to the whole design with a specified overlap between drawings.
Supports Local Design Standards & Terminology
We fully support local design standards. The software comes preloaded with South African standards including SABS 1200 and COLTO standards for earthworks, TRH 17 and TRH 4 for roads, locally available pipes, culverts and pumps for sewer, storm and water networks. You can also easily add additional design standards as you require them.
Engineering calculations you can trust
Civil Designer has been written by engineers for engineers. Our software is developed from nearly 30 years of experience and continual learning from engineers giving you sound functionality that you can trust. As such we have checked every calculation over and over, and our clients have done the same.
Fully Customisable Display Settings
Our display settings allow you to set up exactly how the design data must be displayed on the screen - from line style and colour through text style and size down to contour interval and road bank lines. You can even specify the fill colour for the road carriageway to have more realistic plan views.
Easy to see Clashes between different services
Analyze your design to check for clashes between the various services using our Clash Detector. Simply specify which services to check and the clearance you require and the potential problems will be highlighted. Thereafter simply edit the long section of the affected service to adjust the level or slope.
Extremely Comprehensive Help File
We have spent thousands of hours going over our help files which come standard with Civil Designer. It is quick and easy to read the help file by searching through it or by pressing F1 when you get stuck with a specific function. You donít need to search the Internet for answers or get stuck when you are on site or have no coverage.
"The easy to use Terrain, Roads, Water, Sewer and Storm modules with their time saving tools help us tackle projects efficiently."|
Senior Technician Solly Solomon, Aurecon, South Africa
New in version 8.0
- Use an 'XRef' (referenced) DTM. This allows multiple users to access the DTM file while ensuring that it can be only edited by the current owner of the drawing.
- Drawing the DTM is now significantly faster due to the new DX render engine. 1 million points can be rendered in less than a second via the processing power of an entry level video card.
- User defined font settings for the Output bar are now included.
- The export DXF view is now faster (> 5x) allowing speedy information interchange for simple 3D DXF files.
- You can automatically display symbols at low or high points along the road edge string. This is useful to determine the positions of kerb inlets, or to highlight drainage problem areas at sections of super elevation development.
- After running the Alignment Horizontal Alignment Point Chainage function (which will give you the chainage value at any indicated point), you now have the option of inserting the calculated chainage into the index file.
- In Road Strings, we have developed an underlying triangle mesh structure that utilizes state of the art spatial indexing and triangle connectivity strategies. This results in faster redraws of roads and intersection volume calculations as well as better validation of the translated DTM surfaces. This mesh structure enables us to develop very exciting functionality in future versions.
- The Design Criteria functionality now caters for different e-max values.
- The Strings translate to DTM function has been improved and now uses the new triangle mesh structure as described above.
- Substantial speed improvements in most data handling functions. This speeds up loading large models, updating the display, selections and the analysis.
- Added a check of the sum of rural, urban and lake percentages so that they do not exceed 100% when saving spreadsheet data.
- Search function for nodes/links in all spreadsheets so that you can find a particular entry easily. There is also a Show option which will adjust the plan layout to the position of the selected entity.
- The Show option in the data editors will now roll up the editor instead of moving it to the bottom left of the display.
- Changed the Vertical Alignment Editor Smooth and Grade options to only set the fixed slope and not the fixed invert level. This allows the subsequent analysis to run without the conflicts caused by setting the fixed invert for these entities.
- The Vertical Alignment Editor allows you to graphically select the manhole and specify the drop, soffit, invert or 1/2 pipe condition, as well as set ratio slopes.
- Added an option to enforce maximum link slopes as specified in the link tables. This will result in the links being placed at the maximum link slope in steep areas of the site. Manhole conditions for the affected nodes will be changed to Drop.
- Added functions to set erf connection parameters and subcatchment parameters of selected entities. This allows you to change the erf connection/subcatchment parameters of a group of selected entities to reflect local design characteristics.
- Changed the analysis module during the check that the size of a link is not less than the incoming links so that the recalculated link is placed at the specified minimum slope for that bigger link size.
- Graphically Trim water pipes in a similar fashion to CAD entities. Pipes can be trimmed or split where necessary and there is also the option to automatically remove short cut-offs.
- The Bends and Junctions analysis feature now displays angles reduced to standard values and creates a summary of all fittings grouped by types and sizes.
- The Draw Parallel Pipes function has been updated to use the CAD dialogue bar and includes the option to draw through any CAD point or through the last point entered.
- Import of both horizontal and vertical alignments can be completed in one step. This function also creates new pipes when necessary or updates existing ones.
- Export longitudinal sections of all, or just selected pipes routes, as a comma delimited file.
- Water objects are now plotted on longitudinal section and reservoirs, pump stations, valves and other object are drawn on the longitudinal section in the proper position and scale.
- Standard fittings like tees, reducers and bends can now be displayed next to nodes. Fittings are updated after changes in alignment or pipe sizes.
- Improved 3D rendering and fly-through generation.
- Read image tiles directly from ECW and MrSID satellite photographs.
- New properties bar which remembers the collapsed state of the categories.
- New 'super' toolbar interface making all relevant tools immediately accessible.
- Smooth double-buffered rubber banding.
- Multiline attribute entity.
- Speed enhancements to the modify functions via a 'selection display list'.
- Multiline improvements include adding and removing vertices.
- Spline edit includes add / remove spline vertices.
- Explode proxies functionality has been added.
SEWER AND STORM